Men’s Pride is a group for gay, bisexual, transgender, same-gender-loving, asexual, queer and questioning men to talk about coming out, dating, relationships, sex, healing, religion, and other issues affecting men’s communities. Facilitators are responsible for creating a welcoming and respectful environment for all group members, as well as for facilitating an effective dialogue to foster community connection, healing, and healthy communication. Other activities for group facilitators include providing referral information to group members as needed, creating and scheduling diverse discussion topics, assisting with group promotion and participating in mandatory quarterly meetings. To provide a diverse facilitation team that reflects our group members, we are currently most interested in applicants who are men of color and/or men of trans* experience.
Men’s Pride currently operates two different program nights. The 1st, 3rd, and 5th Monday of each month is a Discussion Group, and the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month is a Social Group. We are currently looking for a facilitator to co-host the Social Group and provide backup facilitation for Discussion Group as needed.
- A commitment minimum of one year, co-facilitating 2 meetings every month
- Provide backup for Discussion Group as needed.
- Group facilitation skills a must.
- Must self-identify as GBTQ+ and have knowledge of issues affecting LGBTQ communities.
- Stipend available based on experience.
- Ongoing training and support provided.